Topsail Insurance was launched in 1996 and since then has provided specialist Yacht Insurance and Motorboat Insurance to a worldwide marine community.
Topsail Insurance Pty Ltd opened their Perth office in 2015 having successfully obtained their AFSL accreditation from the Australian regulators. The Australian branch was set up by Topsail Insurance Ltd and Mark Ainscough and Cathy Charlick, who themselves are both ‘cruising yachties’ based in Perth.
Mark & Cathy began a five year adventure in April 2010, setting sail from Fremantle Sailing Club and making their way up the west coast of Australia, through The Kimberley to Darwin and then on through Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand. Looking for a new Yacht Insurance policy in 2011, they came across Topsail Insurance Ltd who were able to offer a policy to suit their requirements - such as cover in the Malacca Straits - and they've never looked back.
After a number of years being happily insured by Topsail Insurance, Mark and Cathy found it made perfect sense to become involved in promoting Topsail, who were to them both, a company that ticked all the right boxes for a cruiser's insurance needs. They have been promoting Topsail’s products in and around Australia and South East Asia ever since and have now formally opened the Australian office ready to help other like-minded cruisers and day sailors. Through working closely with the UK base, the Australian branch of Topsail Insurance offers a wide range of flexible Yacht and Motorboat Insurance policies with a number of key benefits, such as: -
- Agreed Value policies
- Personal effects/war cover as standard
- AUD 10,000,000 (any one accident) Third Party Liability cover as standard whilst cruising Australian Waters, AUD 5,000,000 (any one accident) elsewhere.
- Marina benefits (meaning no excess payable and no loss of no claims bonus whilst on a marina berth)
- Optional Protected No Claims Bonus and Excess Waiver cover
- Your call WILL NOT be held in a queue.
- You WILL NOT be asked to push a succession of different buttons before reaching someone.
- You WILL have a dedicated account handler, with others on hand when they are unavailable.
- You WILL reach a member of our team who is as passionate about your next trip, passage or adventure as you are.